How does the school know if children need extra help and what should I do if I think my child may have special educational needs (SEN)?

Class teachers monitor the learning of all children in their class to ensure they make progress with their learning; when teachers are concerned that progress is not in line with their age expected targets they will liaise with the special educational needs co-ordinator (SENCo) who will monitor and assess a child where needed. Depending on the area of need, interventions can be put in place to ensure a child makes adequate progress and outside agencies contacted where necessary. If parent/carers have concerns these should, in the first instance, be raised with the class teacher. The SENCo will also be able to support parent/carers when dealing with any concerns.  You can contact the SENCo on