Individual Education Plan

How will early years school staff support my child?

The SENCo will ensure that a child with special educational needs (SEN) has an individual education plan (IEP) and will oversee the production and implementation of this, the class teacher has the responsibility to write, work towards the targets detailed on them and review them.

Depending on the area of support required; the class teacher, SENCo, other school staff and outside agencies could be involved with a child, this could range from working with a child daily, weekly or fortnightly. Some outside agencies spend time with the school advising staff and therefore may visit once a half term or term.